1. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
4. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
8. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
11. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
12. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
15. Be obedient to.
16. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
19. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
23. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
25. A flexible container with a single opening.
27. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
28. A small cake leavened with yeast.
30. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
33. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
34. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
38. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
41. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
45. A master's degree in business.
46. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
47. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
48. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
49. A slight amount or degree of difference.
50. The 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
4. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
5. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
6. (informal) Of the highest quality.
7. Genus of western United States annuals with showy yellow or white flowers.
8. By bad luck.
9. A narrow way or road.
10. The act of scanning.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
20. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
21. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
22. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. Before noon.
29. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
31. Preliminary drawing for later elaboration.
32. An associate degree in applied science.
35. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. A sudden short attack.
42. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
43. (British informal) Not to be deceived or hoodwinked n 1.
44. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.