1. A unit of pressure.
4. One thousandth of a second.
8. Botfly larva.
11. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
12. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
13. The month following March and preceding May.
14. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
16. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
20. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
23. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
30. A member of the Himalayan people living in Nepal and Tibet who are famous for their skill as mountaineers.
33. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
34. Seed vessel having hooks or prickles.
35. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
42. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
43. Any of various units of capacity.
45. A French abbot.
47. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
48. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
49. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
50. Used of a single unit or thing.
51. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
52. An informal term for a father.
53. A state in midwestern United States.
1. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. A state in midwestern United States.
4. Tropical Asian starlings.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
6. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
7. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
8. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
21. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
22. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
24. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
26. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
27. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
31. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
32. A city in south central Mexico (southeast of Mexico City) on the edge of central Mexican plateau.
36. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
37. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
40. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
41. Any of the Hindu sacred writing.
44. A flexible container with a single opening.
46. The cry made by sheep.
47. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.