1. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
4. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
8. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
11. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
12. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
13. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
14. Cheat somebody out of what is due, especially money.
15. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. The airforce of Great Britain.
20. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
21. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
26. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
29. 32nd President of the United States.
31. Being the one previously mentioned or spoken of.
34. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
37. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
40. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
41. A master's degree in literature.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
43. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
46. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
47. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
48. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A region of complete shadow resulting from total obstruction of light.
2. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
3. A system of solmization using the solfa syllables.
4. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
5. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
6. A tight-fitting headdress.
7. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
8. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
18. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
19. Grind together, of teeth.
22. A state in New England.
23. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
27. Being one more than one.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
30. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
32. American Revolutionary patriot.
33. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
35. Dearly loved.
36. In bed.
38. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
39. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
42. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
43. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
44. A bachelor's degree in religion.
45. An associate degree in nursing.