1. An accountant certified by the state.
4. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
8. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
11. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
12. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
13. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
14. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
16. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
17. God of love and erotic desire.
18. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
20. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
21. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
22. A plug used to close a hole in a barrel or flask.
24. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
28. The month following January and preceding March.
30. A song of praise (to God or to a saint or to a nation).
32. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. South African term for `boss'.
42. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
47. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
48. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
49. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
50. A light touch or stroke.
51. An enclosed space.
52. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
53. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
1. The shore of a sea or ocean.
2. `Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially Roman or Orthodox Catholic).
3. Jordan's port.
4. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
5. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
6. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
7. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
8. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
9. Fallow deer.
10. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
15. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
19. Complacently or inanely foolish.
23. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
25. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
26. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
27. Before noon.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. The bill in a restaurant.
33. A bachelor's degree in religion.
36. A small cake leavened with yeast.
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
39. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
40. The sixth month of the civil year.
41. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
43. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
44. A master's degree in business.
45. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
46. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.