1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
5. The vessel that contains the seeds of a plant (not the seeds themselves).
8. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
11. The act of drawing or hauling something.
12. Hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women.
13. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
14. A French abbot.
15. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
16. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
17. The cry made by sheep.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
24. Any isomeric saturated hydrocarbon found in petroleum and used as a fuel and solvent.
27. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
28. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
29. The capital of Croatia.
31. An informal term for a father.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. A large fleet.
37. A Hindu prince or king in India.
41. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
42. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
44. 10 grams.
45. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
49. A young woman making her debut into society.
50. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
51. The sixth month of the civil year.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
4. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
5. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
6. Large long-armed ape of Borneo and Sumatra having arboreal habits.
7. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
8. The airforce of Great Britain.
9. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
10. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
18. A decree that prohibits something.
19. A large building at an airport where aircraft can be stored and maintained.
21. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
35. Any competition.
36. In bed.
38. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
39. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
40. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
47. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
48. Unknown god.