1. Wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation.
4. An informal term for a father.
8. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
13. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
14. An affirmative.
15. A quantity of no importance.
16. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
21. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. The fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped by the heart.
27. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
31. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
33. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
35. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
36. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
41. In bed.
44. The airforce of Great Britain.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
49. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
50. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
52. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
53. A small cake leavened with yeast.
54. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
1. Common Indian weaverbird.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
4. Large tropical butterfly with degenerate forelegs and an unpleasant taste.
5. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
6. An informal term for a father.
7. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
8. Large dark-striped tropical food and game fish related to remoras.
9. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
10. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
18. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
20. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
22. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
25. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
26. An awkward stupid person.
28. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
29. A Mid-Atlantic state.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
32. A great waterfall on the border between Brazil and Paraguay.
34. Tag the base runner to get him out.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
40. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
42. Suggestive of the supernatural.
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
45. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
46. Extremely pleasing.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
51. Before noon.