1. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
4. A French abbot.
8. A tight-fitting headdress.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
16. A slight amount or degree of difference.
17. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
18. A large fleet.
21. A state in midwestern United States.
24. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
27. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
28. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
30. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
31. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
41. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
42. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
43. An informal term for a father.
44. A Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a long silky coat and broad flat muzzle.
46. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
48. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
50. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
3. A large quantity of written matter.
4. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
5. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
6. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
7. A doctor's degree in education.
8. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
9. (law) A defense by an accused person purporting to show that he or she could not have committed the crime in question.
10. A city in Veneto.
15. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
19. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
20. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
22. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
23. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
25. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
26. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
29. The basic unit of money in Zambia.
34. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
35. In bed.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
38. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
39. Common Indian weaverbird.
40. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
45. Unknown god.
47. A state in New England.
48. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.