1. An informal term for a father.
5. The residue that remains when something is burned.
8. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
11. An elaborate song for solo voice.
12. The cry made by sheep.
13. An audiotape recording of sound.
14. Very large red gum tree.
15. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. A tight-fitting headdress.
19. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
23. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
25. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
26. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
28. The Latin name for England.
30. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
33. Capital and largest city of Cuba.
37. New Zealand timber tree resembling the cypress.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
41. Being two more than fifty.
44. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
45. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
47. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
48. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
49. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
50. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
1. Fallow deer.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
4. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
7. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
8. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
9. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
10. A state in the western United States.
18. The capital of Cape Verde on Sao Tiago Island.
21. A port city in southwestern Iran.
22. A decree that prohibits something.
24. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
29. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
31. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
32. Look forward to the probably occurrence of.
33. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
34. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
35. Of or in or relating to the nose.
36. Lower in esteem.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
42. Being one more than two.
43. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
46. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.