1. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
4. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
8. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
11. Seed of a pea plant.
12. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
13. 32nd President of the United States.
14. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
15. Highly excited.
16. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
17. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
19. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
23. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
26. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
30. Austrian writer (1881-1942).
32. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
34. A public promotion of some product or service.
35. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
36. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. A quantity of no importance.
46. Not in good physical or mental health.
47. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
48. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
49. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
50. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
51. God of love and erotic desire.
52. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
53. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Perceive sound.
3. God of death.
4. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
5. The capital of Croatia.
6. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
7. A small piece of cloth.
8. A radioactive transuranic element.
9. Chief port of Yemen.
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
18. Hard greenish-brown wood of the lignum vitae tree and other trees of the genus Guaiacum.
20. The French-speaking capital of the province of Quebec.
21. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. A radioactive transuranic element synthesized from californium.
25. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
27. 36th President of the United States.
28. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
29. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
31. A city of northern Poland near the mouth of the Vistula River on a gulf of the Baltic Sea.
33. A constellation in the Milky Way near Cygnus.
37. Look at with amorous intentions.
38. South African term for `boss'.
39. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
40. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
41. Divulge information or secrets.
42. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
45. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.