1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
7. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
11. Noisy talk.
12. A transuranic element.
13. (South African) A journey by ox wagon (especially an organized migration by a group of settlers).
14. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
15. An armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force).
16. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
17. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
19. Tag the base runner to get him out.
20. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
24. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
25. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
29. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
30. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. A Hindu prince or king in India.
37. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
40. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
42. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
43. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
47. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
48. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
49. Type genus of the Anatidae.
1. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
2. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
3. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
4. A soft porous rock consisting of calcium carbonate deposited from springs rich in lime.
5. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
6. Full of submerged reefs or sandbanks or shoals.
7. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
8. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. Jordan's port.
18. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
21. A son who has the same first name as his father.
26. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
27. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
28. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
31. The capital and largest city of Afghanistan.
32. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
33. God of the earth.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
35. One thousand grams.
36. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. A Russian river.
39. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
41. An informal term for a father.
46. Unknown god.