1. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
7. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
11. A slight amount or degree of difference.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
14. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
15. A small cake leavened with yeast.
17. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
18. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
20. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
24. By bad luck.
29. A boy or man.
30. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
31. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
33. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
39. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
43. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
44. Being two more than fifty.
47. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
48. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
50. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
51. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
52. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
53. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
2. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
3. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
4. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
5. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
6. A light touch or stroke.
7. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
8. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
9. Singing jazz.
10. Avatar of Vishnu.
16. A large fleet.
19. An associate degree in applied science.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
22. An informal term for a father.
23. A Russian river.
25. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
27. A person forced to flee from home or country.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
34. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
37. Praise, glorify, or honor.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. A Hindu prince or king in India.
41. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
42. A French abbot.
45. Being one more than two.
46. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
49. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.