1. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
4. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
8. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
11. Fiddler crabs.
12. A coffin along with its stand.
13. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
14. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
16. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
18. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
24. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
26. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
33. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
36. A person with an unusual or odd personality.
42. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
45. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
46. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
47. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
49. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
50. A doctor's degree in education.
51. Taking place over public roads.
1. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
2. Singing jazz.
3. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
4. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
5. A resource.
6. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
7. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
8. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
9. An informal term for a father.
10. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
15. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
17. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
19. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
25. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
27. A public promotion of some product or service.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. Pan with a convex bottom.
30. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
31. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
34. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
35. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
37. Toward the mouth or oral region.
38. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
39. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
43. (informal) Roused to anger.
44. Used of a single unit or thing.
48. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.