1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
5. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
8. (informal) Uncomplimentary terms for a policeman.
11. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
12. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. Adherents of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices.
15. A boy or man.
16. An honorary degree in science.
17. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A public promotion of some product or service.
21. Tag the base runner to get him out.
22. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
23. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
25. An associate degree in applied science.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
28. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
29. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
31. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
32. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
33. A unit of weight used in some Spanish speaking countries.
38. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
42. The cry made by sheep.
43. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
46. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
47. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
48. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
49. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
50. A doctor's degree in education.
51. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
52. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
1. Wood of a pecan tree.
2. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
3. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
4. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
5. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
6. Jordan's port.
7. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
8. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
9. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
10. A genus of Ploceidae.
18. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
19. Flesh of large European flatfish.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
26. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. Not widely known.
35. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
36. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
40. An informal term for a father.
41. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
44. Strong liquor flavored with juniper berries.
45. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.