1. A genetic disorder of metabolism.
4. An informal term for a father.
8. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
11. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
12. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
13. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
14. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
15. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
17. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
18. Wood duck and mandarin duck.
19. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
20. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
23. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
25. A social division of (usually preliterate) people.
26. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
28. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
29. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
31. Lower in esteem.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
39. A light touch or stroke.
41. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
42. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
44. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
45. Measuring instrument for indicating speed of rotation.
47. Being one more than two.
48. Having leadership guidance.
49. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
50. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. Bushy plant of Old World salt marshes and sea beaches having prickly leaves.
3. Antibacterial agent (trade names Mandelamine and Urex) that is contained in many products that are used to treat urinary infections.
4. Source of a tough elastic wood.
5. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
6. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
7. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
8. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
9. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
10. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
16. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
21. The basic unit of money in Russia.
22. Capital of Nigeria in the center of the country.
24. The capital of Morocco.
27. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
30. Make less active or intense.
32. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
33. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
36. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
37. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
38. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
40. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
43. Being two more than fifty.
46. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.