1. Fallow deer.
5. Being nine more than ninety.
7. South African term for `boss'.
11. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
12. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
13. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
14. Denuded of leaves.
15. A public promotion of some product or service.
16. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
17. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
20. The square of a body of any size of type.
21. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
25. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
27. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
30. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. Made of fir or pine.
37. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
42. Being one more than one hundred.
45. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
46. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
48. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
49. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
50. An associate degree in applied science.
51. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
52. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
4. A primeval personification of air and breath.
5. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
6. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
7. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
8. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
9. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
10. Adopted in order to deceive.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
22. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
24. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
26. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
28. A state in midwestern United States.
29. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
31. A bachelor's degree in religion.
34. Any plant of the genus Erica.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
38. Offering fun and gaiety.
39. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
40. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
41. The sixth month of the civil year.
43. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
44. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
47. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).