1. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
5. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
8. A rapid bustling commotion.
11. On or toward the lee.
12. An accountant certified by the state.
13. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. A young woman making her debut into society.
16. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
17. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
19. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
24. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
26. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
27. In bed.
31. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
34. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
35. Having two axes.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. Being nine more than forty.
39. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
42. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
47. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
49. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
50. Black tropical American cuckoo.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
53. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
1. Derive or receive pleasure from.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. Lacking excess flesh.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
6. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
9. An informal term for a father.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
20. A master's degree in fine arts.
23. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
25. The cry made by sheep.
28. A flexible container with a single opening.
29. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. Being two more than twenty.
33. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
36. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
37. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
40. Common Indian weaverbird.
41. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
43. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
44. A state of southwestern India.
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
46. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
47. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
48. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.