1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
8. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
11. A boy or man.
12. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
13. The month following February and preceding April.
14. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
15. Any plant of the genus Erica.
17. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
18. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
20. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
23. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
25. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
26. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
31. A police officer who investigates crimes.
32. Not only so, but.
35. (Old Testament) The wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac.
37. The month following March and preceding May.
38. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
41. A professional cook.
43. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
47. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
48. (Babylonian) The sky god.
49. A master's degree in business.
50. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
51. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
52. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
1. A small loosely aggregated mass of flocculent material suspended in or precipitated from a liquid.
2. Fallow deer.
3. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
6. A state in midwestern United States.
7. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
8. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
9. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
10. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
16. A Hindu prince or king in India.
19. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
21. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
22. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
27. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
28. A Mid-Atlantic state.
29. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
30. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
33. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
34. A particular environment or walk of life.
36. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
39. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. South African term for `boss'.
42. The month following January and preceding March.
44. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
45. The month following July and preceding September.
46. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
47. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.