1. Rounded like an egg.
5. (British) Your grandmother.
8. (Irish) The sea personified.
11. Characterized by a lightly pert and exuberant quality.
12. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
15. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
16. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
17. The sound made by corvine birds.
20. Informal terms for a mother.
21. A genus of Platalea.
23. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
24. Japanese mathematical physicist who proposed that nuclear forces are mediated by massive particles called mesons which are analogous to the photon in mediating electromagnetic forces (1907-1981).
26. A radioactive transuranic element.
27. A state in the eastern United States.
28. The capital of Croatia.
31. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
32. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. A Hindu prince or king in India.
40. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
42. A resource.
45. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
46. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
47. The cry made by sheep.
48. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
49. The sixth month of the civil year.
50. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Any of the Hindu sacred writing.
3. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
4. Your general store of remembered information.
5. Small genus of Asian evergreen trees having columnar crowns and distinguished by leaves lacking a midrib.
6. Jordan's port.
7. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
8. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
9. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
10. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
18. New Zealand timber tree resembling the cypress.
19. Sturdy carnivorous burrowing mammal with strong claws widely distributed in the northern hemisphere v 1.
22. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
25. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
31. Your general store of remembered information.
33. Toward the mouth or oral region.
34. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
35. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
37. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
38. Upright consisting of a vertical side member of a door or window frame.
39. A city in northern India.
41. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
44. A light touch or stroke.