1. A man who serves as a sailor.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
13. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
14. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
16. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
18. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
20. An informal term for a father.
23. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
25. A decree that prohibits something.
30. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
32. A boy or man.
33. The cry made by sheep.
34. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
49. A Loloish language.
50. Having leadership guidance.
51. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
52. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
53. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
4. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
5. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
6. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
9. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
10. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
15. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
19. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
21. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
22. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
24. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
26. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
29. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
31. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
38. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
39. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
40. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
41. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
42. In bed.
43. A quantity of no importance.
45. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
46. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.