1. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
4. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
7. In bed.
11. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
12. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
13. Type genus of the Ranidae.
14. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
15. A master's degree in business.
16. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
17. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
19. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
21. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
25. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
27. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
30. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
33. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
37. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
38. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
46. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
49. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
50. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
51. A Loloish language.
52. Goddess of fate.
53. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
54. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
55. The cry made by sheep.
1. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
2. (informal) Exceptionally good.
3. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
4. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
5. A small cake leavened with yeast.
6. The act of scanning.
7. The products of human creativity.
8. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
9. (prefix) Within.
10. An informal term for a father.
18. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
20. A state in northwestern North America.
23. Made of fir or pine.
26. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
28. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
34. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
39. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
40. Make an etching of.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
43. Material used to daub walls.
44. A city in northern India.
45. A quantity of no importance.
47. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
48. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
49. An associate degree in nursing.