1. Informal terms for a mother.
4. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
8. Hawaiian dish of taro root pounded to a paste and often allowed to ferment.
11. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
12. In bed.
13. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
14. (informal) Of the highest quality.
15. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
17. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
18. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
20. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
22. A vigorous blow.
25. A state in northwestern North America.
26. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
29. An accountant certified by the state.
30. With no effort to conceal.
31. A fraudulent business scheme.
34. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
38. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
43. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
44. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
45. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
47. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
48. A state in southeastern United States.
49. A small cake leavened with yeast.
51. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
53. (computer science) Memory whose contents can be accessed and read but cannot be changed.
54. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
56. A master's degree in business.
1. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
2. Belonging to some prior time.
3. One thousandth of a second.
4. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
7. A doctor's degree in religion.
8. An informal term for a father.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
16. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
19. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. Jordan's port.
23. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
24. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
27. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
28. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. A master's degree in fine arts.
33. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
35. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
36. A wealthy man (who made his fortune in the Orient).
37. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
39. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
40. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
41. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
48. A human limb.
49. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
50. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
51. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
52. A colorless and odorless inert gas.