1. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
4. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
8. Not reflecting light.
11. A resource.
12. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
13. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
14. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
16. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
17. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
18. A state in northwestern North America.
21. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
23. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
28. The capital of Croatia.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
32. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
37. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
46. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
49. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
50. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
51. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
52. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
1. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
2. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
3. At or constituting a border or edge.
4. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
5. An informal term for a father.
6. Before noon.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. God of death.
9. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
15. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. A member of a Muslim Turkic people of western Asia (especially in Kazakstan).
20. A flexible container with a single opening.
22. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
24. A small cake leavened with yeast.
26. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
29. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
31. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
33. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
34. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
35. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
36. God of wealth and love.
38. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
40. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
41. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
43. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
44. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
45. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
47. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.