1. Singing jazz.
5. An accountant certified by the state.
8. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
11. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
12. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
13. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
14. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
15. The last (12th) month of the year.
16. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
17. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
18. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
21. (informal) Of the highest quality.
23. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
30. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
32. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
33. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
34. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. A decree that prohibits something.
42. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
45. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
46. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
48. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
49. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
50. A thrusting blow with a knife.
1. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
2. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
3. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
4. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
5. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
6. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
7. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
8. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
9. Type genus of the Ranidae.
10. By bad luck.
19. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
20. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
22. Of or like a cecum.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. A small cake leavened with yeast.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
27. An informal term for a father.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. A bachelor's degree in religion.
31. Rapid and indistinct speech.
35. Common Indian weaverbird.
37. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
41. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
42. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
43. An associate degree in applied science.
44. An audiotape recording of sound.
45. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
47. An honorary degree in science.