1. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
4. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
8. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
11. 300 to 3000 megahertz.
12. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
13. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
14. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
16. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
17. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
18. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
19. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
21. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
26. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
27. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
28. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
30. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. A telegram sent abroad.
37. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
41. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
42. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
46. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. A small cake leavened with yeast.
49. Being one more than nine.
50. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
51. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
52. Late time of life.
53. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
1. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
2. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
3. (nautical, aeronautical) Situated at or toward the stern or tail.
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
6. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
7. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
8. The closing section of a musical composition.
9. Singing jazz.
10. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
15. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
20. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
22. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
23. The cry made by sheep.
24. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
25. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
29. An enclosed space.
31. A light touch or stroke.
34. Loose temporary stitches.
35. Lap at the front of a coat.
36. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
38. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
39. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
40. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
41. A public promotion of some product or service.
43. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
44. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
45. An informal term for a father.