1. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
4. European freshwater game fish with a thick spindle-shaped body.
8. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
15. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. Type genus of the Anatidae.
19. State in northeastern India.
21. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
24. A genus of Lamnidae.
27. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
31. Divulge information or secrets.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
35. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
38. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
40. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
42. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
45. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
49. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
50. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
51. A town in north central Oklahoma.
52. A light touch or stroke.
53. Having much flesh (especially fat).
54. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. The act of scanning.
3. English monk and scholar (672-735).
4. An accountant certified by the state.
5. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
6. Fiddler crabs.
7. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. By bad luck.
9. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
10. A fraudulent business scheme.
18. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
20. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
22. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
26. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
28. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
29. Being nine more than ninety.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. Cause to feel resentment or indignation.
37. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
38. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. An elaborate song for solo voice.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
44. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
46. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
47. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
48. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.