1. The residue that remains when something is burned.
4. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
8. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
11. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
12. Advanced in years.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
15. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
16. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
17. Before noon.
19. A state in northwestern North America.
24. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
27. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
31. An informal term for a father.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
35. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
37. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
41. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
49. The 13th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
50. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
52. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
53. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
54. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
2. A fraudulent business scheme.
3. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
7. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
8. Type genus of the Majidae.
9. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
10. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
18. A nation in northern North America.
20. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
21. An informal term for a father.
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
25. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
26. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
28. A quantity of no importance.
29. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
30. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
33. (anatomy) A structure that resembles a shell in shape.
36. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
38. In bed.
39. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
40. In the Roman calendar.
42. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
43. A French abbot.
46. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
47. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
51. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.