1. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
4. Top part of an apron.
7. Divulge information or secrets.
11. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
12. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
13. Having wisdom that comes with age and experience.
14. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
15. A light touch or stroke.
16. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
17. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. An associate degree in applied science.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
35. Jordan's port.
38. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
40. Offering fun and gaiety.
43. Any of various small biting flies.
44. The 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
45. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
46. Being here now.
47. Taking place over public roads.
48. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
49. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
3. Expel, as of gases and odors.
4. A partially opened flower.
5. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
6. A small cake leavened with yeast.
7. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
8. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
9. A city in northern India.
10. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
18. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
20. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
24. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
26. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
27. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
29. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
33. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
34. Mated sexually.
36. Knock unconscious or senseless.
37. An unofficial association of people or groups.
39. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
41. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
42. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.