1. A rapid bustling commotion.
4. Type genus of the Majidae.
8. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
11. An accidental happening.
12. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
13. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
14. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
15. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
16. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
17. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
20. Physical discomfort (as mild sickness or depression).
22. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
25. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
29. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
31. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
33. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
34. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
37. A flexible container with a single opening.
42. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
44. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
45. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
46. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
49. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
50. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
52. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. An informal term for a father.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
5. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
6. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
7. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
8. Largest known toad species.
9. Young sheep.
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
18. An awkward and inexperienced youth.
19. Of or like a cecum.
21. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
23. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
24. A public promotion of some product or service.
26. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
27. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
28. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
30. A small cake leavened with yeast.
35. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
36. A person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another.
38. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
39. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
40. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
43. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
48. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.