1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
11. A resource.
12. A Loloish language.
13. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
14. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
15. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
16. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
17. A state in midwestern United States.
20. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
22. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
25. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
26. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
30. Filaments from a cobweb.
31. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. A light touch or stroke.
34. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
38. Son of John Cabot who was born in Italy and who led an English expedition in search of the Northwest Passage and a Spanish expedition that explored the La Plata region of Brazil.
42. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
43. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
46. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
47. Tag the base runner to get him out.
48. A tight-fitting headdress.
49. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
50. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
51. The residue that remains when something is burned.
52. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
2. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
3. A rapid bustling commotion.
4. Informal terms for a mother.
5. Jordan's port.
6. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
7. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
8. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
9. Type genus of the Ranidae.
10. By bad luck.
18. A genus of tropical and subtropical Old World climbers or shrubs or trees.
19. Call upon in supplication.
21. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. Of a pale purple color.
27. Being nine more than ninety.
28. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
34. A doctor's degree in education.
35. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
36. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
37. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
39. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
40. Of or relating to near the ear.
41. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
44. An associate degree in applied science.
45. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.