1. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
5. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
8. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
11. A small constellation near the South Pole between Tucana and Ara.
12. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
13. An acute febrile highly contagious viral disease.
14. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
15. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
16. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
17. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
20. (British) Your grandmother.
22. The airforce of Great Britain.
25. A doctor's degree in religion.
26. Food made from dough of flour or meal and usually raised with yeast or baking powder and then baked.
29. Jordan's port.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
33. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
34. A public promotion of some product or service.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
48. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
49. A doctor's degree in education.
50. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
51. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. An informal term for a father.
3. Rounded like an egg.
4. Relating to or characteristic of people of Rome.
5. A ribbon used as a decoration.
6. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
7. An informal term for a father.
8. Keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement.
9. Divulge information or secrets.
10. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
18. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
19. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. A state in northwestern North America.
24. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. A small cake leavened with yeast.
31. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
35. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
38. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
39. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
40. In bed.
41. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
43. A slight amount or degree of difference.
44. The last (12th) month of the year.
47. A bachelor's degree in science.