1. A block of solid substance (such as soap or wax).
5. An enclosed space.
8. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
11. Employed in accomplishing something.
12. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
13. The airforce of Great Britain.
14. A lymph node that is inflamed and swollen because of plague or gonorrhea or tuberculosis.
15. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
16. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
17. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
18. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
20. A rapid bustling commotion.
21. A small cake leavened with yeast.
23. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
26. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. A landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa.
31. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
34. The residue that remains when something is burned.
35. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
37. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
40. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
43. (informal) Of the highest quality.
47. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
48. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
49. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
50. A light touch or stroke.
51. The habitation of wild animals.
52. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
2. Earlier a god.
3. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
4. The capital and largest city of Japan.
5. Of surpassing excellence.
6. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
7. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
8. A large fleet.
9. Set down according to a plan.
10. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
19. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
22. Lower in esteem.
24. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
25. An associate degree in applied science.
27. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
32. A small piece of cloth.
36. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
38. The highest level or degree attainable.
39. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
42. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
44. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
45. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
46. An honorary law degree.