1. A branch of the Tai languages.
5. Give a nickname to.
8. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
11. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
12. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
13. Nocturnal bird of prey with hawk-like beak and claws and large head with front-facing eyes.
14. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
15. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
16. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
17. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
18. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
21. Jordan's port.
23. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. The second largest city in Tunisia.
29. A state in midwestern United States.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
34. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
40. The act of scanning.
42. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
43. The month following February and preceding April.
44. A port in southwestern Scotland.
47. In or of the month preceding the present one.
48. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
49. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
1. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
2. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
3. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
6. A virtually extinct Caucasian language spoken exclusively in Turkey.
7. The cry made by sheep.
8. United States Film actress and daughter of Henry Fonda (born in 1937).
9. A person of unquestioning obedience.
10. With a forward motion.
19. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
20. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
22. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
27. A city of central China.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
34. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
35. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
41. The products of human creativity.
45. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
46. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
47. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.