1. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
5. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
8. Of southern Europe.
11. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
12. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
15. Lower in esteem.
17. Tag the base runner to get him out.
18. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
20. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
22. American Revolutionary patriot.
25. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
27. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
28. A narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts.
32. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
33. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
41. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
44. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
48. A three-tone Chadic language.
50. A flexible container with a single opening.
51. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
52. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
54. A light touch or stroke.
1. (British slang) Cafe.
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
4. A cloth having a crisscross design.
5. A master's degree in business.
6. An associate degree in applied science.
7. A European river.
8. God of fire.
9. Singing jazz.
10. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
16. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
19. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
21. A unit of weight used in some Spanish speaking countries.
23. Informal terms for a mother.
24. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
26. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
29. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
30. A form of address for a man.
31. A public promotion of some product or service.
34. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
35. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
38. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
40. A small cake leavened with yeast.
41. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
45. The cry made by sheep.
46. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
47. Having leadership guidance.
48. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
49. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
50. A state in the Rocky Mountains.