1. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
4. Sound recording consisting of a disc with continuous grooves.
8. An enclosed space.
11. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
12. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
13. A rapid bustling commotion.
14. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
15. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. A small cake leavened with yeast.
19. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
23. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
24. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
25. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
28. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
31. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
34. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
38. (game bird) Flesh of quail.
40. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
43. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
44. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
46. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
47. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
48. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
49. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
2. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
3. Capable of wounding.
4. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
5. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
6. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
7. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
8. A deep bow.
9. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
10. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
20. A person forced to flee from home or country.
22. An implement consisting of handle with a free swinging stick at the end.
26. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
29. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
30. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
32. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
33. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
35. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
39. God of love and erotic desire.
41. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
42. An awkward stupid person.
45. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.