1. A group of African language in the Niger-Congo group spoken from the Ivory Coast east to Nigeria.
4. A fraudulent business scheme.
8. Inquire about.
11. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
12. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
16. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
17. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
18. A corporation authorized by Congress to provide a secondary market for residential mortgages.
19. Jordan's port.
21. Type and only genus of the family Tytonidae.
22. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
24. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
28. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
29. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
32. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
34. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
36. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
40. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
43. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
47. The sixth month of the civil year.
48. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
49. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
1. Strong wrapping paper made from pulp processed with a sulfur solution.
2. Lacking strength or vigor.
3. Departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal.
4. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
5. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
15. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
20. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
23. (informal) Of the highest quality.
25. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
26. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
31. French novelist.
33. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
35. Toward the mouth or oral region.
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. A city in northern India.
39. Measuring instrument for indicating speed of rotation.
41. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
42. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
45. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.