1. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
7. (prefix) Outside or outer.
11. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
12. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
13. A device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.
14. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
17. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
22. Black tropical American cuckoo.
23. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
25. An accessory or adjoining anatomical parts or appendages (especially of the embryo).
29. A small cake leavened with yeast.
32. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
33. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
40. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. A large quantity of written matter.
47. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
48. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
49. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
51. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
52. Offering fun and gaiety.
53. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
1. A fraudulent business scheme.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. The square of a body of any size of type.
4. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
5. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
8. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
9. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. The cry made by sheep.
16. A shoe consisting of a sole fastened by straps to the foot.
18. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
19. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
21. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
27. Being ten more than eighty.
28. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
31. A public promotion of some product or service.
34. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
36. Very dark black.
37. South African term for `boss'.
38. (informal) Exceptionally good.
39. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
41. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
45. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
46. A master's degree in business.
50. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).