1. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
5. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
8. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
11. Antibiotic-resistant mycoplasma causing a kind of pneumonia in humans.
12. Used of a single unit or thing.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
15. An associate degree in applied science.
16. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
17. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
18. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
20. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
25. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
29. A user interface based on graphics (icons and pictures and menus) instead of text.
30. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
33. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
39. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
43. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
44. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
46. A fraudulent business scheme.
47. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
48. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
49. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
50. A master's degree in fine arts.
1. A cloth covering (a legging) that provides covering for the instep and ankles.
2. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
3. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
4. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
5. The cry made by sheep.
6. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
7. The foot of a human being.
8. A small cake leavened with yeast.
9. A city in northern India.
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
19. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
21. Being one more than two.
22. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
23. An enclosed space.
24. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
26. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
34. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
35. God of love and erotic desire.
36. The inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers.
37. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
40. The sign language used in the United States.
41. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
42. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
45. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
46. A tight-fitting headdress.