1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
5. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
8. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
11. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
12. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
13. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
14. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
15. The cry made by sheep.
16. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
17. 1/1000 gram.
18. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
20. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
24. Before noon.
25. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
28. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
32. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
34. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
36. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
37. Soreness and warmth caused by friction.
40. A light touch or stroke.
42. Imprudently incurring risk.
44. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
45. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
46. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
47. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. Dignified manner or conduct.
50. A rapid bustling commotion.
1. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
2. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
3. (informal) Of the highest quality.
4. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
5. A small cake leavened with yeast.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
8. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
9. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
10. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
19. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
21. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
22. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
23. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
26. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
27. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
29. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
30. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
31. Italian brandy made from residue of grapes after pressing.
33. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
35. Common Indian weaverbird.
36. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
38. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
39. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
41. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
42. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
43. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
44. Before noon.