1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. A master's degree in business.
7. A city in northern India.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
13. A prearranged fight with deadly weapons by two people (accompanied by seconds) in order to settle a quarrel over a point of honor.
14. A police officer who investigates crimes.
15. Fallow deer.
17. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
20. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
21. (informal) Of the highest quality.
22. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
25. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
27. A city in the European part of Russia.
29. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
35. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
39. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
43. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
44. (Irish) The sea personified.
45. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
46. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
47. A light touch or stroke.
48. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
49. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
4. (informal) Roused to anger.
5. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
6. A large fleet.
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
9. The limits within which something can be effective.
10. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
16. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. A son who has the same first name as his father.
23. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
24. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
26. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
28. The month following January and preceding March.
30. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
31. (of words) Formed in imitation of a natural sound.
32. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
34. Type genus of the Caviidae.
35. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
36. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
37. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
38. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
40. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
41. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
42. A tight-fitting headdress.
43. (informal) Roused to anger.