1. Not only so, but.
5. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
8. How long something has existed.
11. On or toward the lee.
12. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
13. (informal) Roused to anger.
14. Of or like a cecum.
16. God of wealth and love.
17. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
18. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
21. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
22. A resource.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
26. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
28. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
30. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
31. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
33. A state in northwestern North America.
34. A doctor's degree in education.
35. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
38. A state in midwestern United States.
41. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
43. An ancient musical horn made from the horn of a ram.
46. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
47. A public promotion of some product or service.
48. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
49. Extremely pleasing.
51. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
53. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
54. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
55. A doctor's degree in music.
1. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
2. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
3. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
4. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
5. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
6. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
7. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
8. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
9. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
10. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
15. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
19. The address where a person lives.
20. A nation in northern North America.
23. Fallow deer.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. Inquire about.
29. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
32. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
36. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
37. Combined or joined to increase in size or quantity or scope.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. A spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail.
42. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
44. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
45. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
50. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
52. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.