1. A painful inflammation of the big toe and foot caused by defects in uric acid metabolism resulting in deposits of the acid and its salts in the blood and joints.
5. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
8. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
11. (Akkadian) Father of the gods and consort of Tiamat.
12. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
13. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
14. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
15. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
16. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
17. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
18. Being nine more than ninety.
21. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
25. A small cake leavened with yeast.
30. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
31. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
32. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
34. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
36. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
42. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
46. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
47. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
48. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
49. On or toward the lee.
50. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
51. A flexible container with a single opening.
52. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
4. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
7. An accountant certified by the state.
8. A human limb.
9. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
19. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
20. The United Nations agency concerned with the international organization of food and agriculture.
22. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
23. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
24. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
26. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
28. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
29. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
36. A human limb.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
38. The last imperial dynasty of China (from 1644 to 1912) which was overthrown by revolutionaries.
39. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
40. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
41. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
43. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
44. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
45. The cry made by sheep.
46. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.