1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. The Fate who spins the thread of life.
8. Inquire about.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. A flexible container with a single opening.
15. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
23. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
26. The capital of Croatia.
28. An associate degree in applied science.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
36. A brittle aromatic resin used in varnishes.
39. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
42. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
45. Any cone-shaped artifact.
47. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
48. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
49. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
50. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
51. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
52. An informal term for a father.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
4. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
5. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
6. Tag the base runner to get him out.
7. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
18. A master's degree in business.
19. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
20. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
21. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
22. A state in midwestern United States.
24. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
25. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
27. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
33. A period of time spent sleeping.
34. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
35. English monk and scholar (672-735).
37. An island of central Hawaii (between Molokai and Kauai).
38. Sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties.
40. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
46. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.