1. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
4. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
8. Not reflecting light.
11. An awkward stupid person.
12. An informal term for a father.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
16. An informal term for a father.
17. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
18. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
19. A state in northwestern North America.
25. Any of various units of capacity.
27. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
28. (statistics) Relating to or constituting the most frequent value in a distribution.
32. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
35. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
40. Colloquial British abbreviation.
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
49. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
51. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
52. An associate degree in applied science.
53. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
54. 10 grams.
1. Greenish-yellow pear.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. A master's degree in fine arts.
4. A public promotion of some product or service.
5. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
6. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
7. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
8. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
15. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
20. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
21. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
22. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
23. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
24. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
26. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
29. A light touch or stroke.
30. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
31. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
33. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
34. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
39. Common Indian weaverbird.
40. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
41. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
42. A small cake leavened with yeast.
43. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
45. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
47. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
48. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
49. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
50. A bachelor's degree in science.