1. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
5. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
7. A small cake leavened with yeast.
11. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
12. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
13. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
14. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
15. A native of ancient Troy.
18. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
19. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
21. 16 ounces.
23. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
26. (informal) Of the highest quality.
28. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
30. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
33. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
38. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
41. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
42. A person active in party politics.
43. The cry made by sheep.
47. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
49. 1/10 gram.
50. American novelist (1909-1955).
51. The ball-and-socket joint between the head of the femur and the acetabulum.
52. An informal term for a father.
53. Something causes misery or death.
1. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
2. Erect leafless flower stalk growing directly from the ground as in a tulip.
3. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.
4. A doctor's degree in education.
5. 32nd President of the United States.
6. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
7. A decree that prohibits something.
8. A public promotion of some product or service.
9. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
10. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
16. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
17. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
20. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
22. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
24. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
25. God of the earth.
27. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
29. (trademark) An antacid.
31. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
32. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
35. Goat-like antelope of central Eurasia having a stubby nose like a proboscis.
36. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
37. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
39. (electronics) Designating sound transmission or recording or reproduction over a single channel.
40. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. A light touch or stroke.
48. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.