1. In bed.
5. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
7. An unpleasant or disastrous destiny.
11. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
12. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
13. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
14. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
15. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
16. An honorary degree in science.
17. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
20. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
22. Avatar of Vishnu.
24. The second largest city in Tunisia.
27. A city in Veneto.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. A fraudulent business scheme.
31. Any of various units of capacity.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
38. 16 ounces.
39. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
41. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
43. Bony flesh of herring-like fish usually caught during their migration to fresh water for spawning.
45. Extremely pleasing.
46. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
47. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
48. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
1. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. Very dark black.
4. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
5. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
6. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
7. A person forced to flee from home or country.
8. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
9. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
10. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
18. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
19. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
21. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
23. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
26. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
30. A telegram sent abroad.
33. Serving as or forming a base.
34. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
35. (British slang) Cafe.
36. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
42. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
44. A radioactive element of the actinide series.