1. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
5. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
8. A rapid bustling commotion.
11. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
12. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
13. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
14. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
17. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
18. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
19. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
27. A woman's dress style that imitates the caftan cloaks worn by men in the Near East.
30. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
32. English monk and scholar (672-735).
33. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
38. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
42. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
46. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
47. The residue that remains when something is burned.
48. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
49. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
50. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
51. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
52. A state in midwestern United States.
1. The highest level or degree attainable.
2. Common Indian weaverbird.
3. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
4. Half the width of an em.
5. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
6. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
7. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
8. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. An informal conversation.
21. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
22. A light touch or stroke.
23. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
25. A doctor's degree in religion.
26. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. Lower in esteem.
35. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
37. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
39. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
43. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
44. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
45. The month following February and preceding April.
46. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.