1. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
4. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
7. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
11. Rare (usually fatal) brain disease (usually in middle age) caused by an unidentified slow virus.
12. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
13. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
14. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
15. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
16. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
17. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
21. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
22. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
24. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
27. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
32. A bachelor's degree in religion.
33. Informal terms for a mother.
35. The cry made by sheep.
37. The Oceanic language spoken by the Maori people in New Zealand.
40. A telegram sent abroad.
44. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
45. An associate degree in applied science.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. Extremely pleasing.
50. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
52. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
53. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
54. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
1. Type genus of Ochnaceae.
2. A genus of Platalea.
3. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
4. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
5. Jordan's port.
6. An awkward and inexperienced youth.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
9. The basic unit of money in Peru.
10. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
18. A young woman making her debut into society.
19. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
28. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
34. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
36. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
38. The sixth month of the civil year.
39. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
41. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
42. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
43. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
46. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
47. An enclosed space.
51. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.