1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
8. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
11. The cry made by sheep.
12. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
13. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
14. (Irish) The sea personified.
15. God of death.
16. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
17. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. A flat mass of ice (smaller than an ice field) floating at sea.
25. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
27. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
29. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
31. Tag the base runner to get him out.
34. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
39. (Norse mythology) The heavenly dwelling of the Norse gods (the Aesir) and slain war heroes.
45. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
46. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
51. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
52. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
54. Late time of life.
55. A space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane).
56. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
1. A bachelor's degree in library science.
2. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
3. A bottle with a stopper.
4. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
5. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
6. A city in northern India.
7. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
8. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
20. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
23. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
24. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
26. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. Before noon.
33. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
35. A master's degree in business.
36. A state in midwestern United States.
37. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
38. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
40. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
41. Any competition.
42. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
43. A small cake leavened with yeast.
44. A fractional monetary unit of several countries.
47. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
48. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
49. Towards the side away from the wind.
50. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.