1. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
4. A Loloish language.
8. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
11. An associate degree in applied science.
12. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
13. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
14. (informal) Exceptionally good.
15. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
17. The month following March and preceding May.
19. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
23. Mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats).
25. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
31. The elapsed time it takes for a signal to travel from Earth to a spacecraft (or other body) and back to the starting point.
33. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. A state in midwestern United States.
35. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. The act of scanning.
44. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
47. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
48. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
49. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
50. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
51. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
52. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
53. The residue that remains when something is burned.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
3. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
4. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
5. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
6. Dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head).
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Fallow deer.
10. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
16. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
18. The basic unit of money in Ethiopia.
20. (informal) Very tired.
21. A radioactive transuranic element.
22. The cry made by sheep.
24. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
26. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
29. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
30. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
32. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
37. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
38. Type genus of the Amiidae.
39. South African term for `boss'.
40. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
42. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
45. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
46. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.