1. In bed.
5. A radioactive transuranic element.
7. Consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity.
11. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
12. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
13. Using speech rather than writing.
14. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. Common Indian weaverbird.
17. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
18. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
20. Being nine more than ninety.
22. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
23. A populous province in northeastern China.
26. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
27. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
30. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
31. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
33. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
38. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
40. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
42. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
43. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
44. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
45. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
46. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
47. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
48. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
4. A Mid-Atlantic state.
5. Divulge information or secrets.
6. A resident of Kansas.
7. Rub elbows with.
8. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
9. Genus of western United States annuals with showy yellow or white flowers.
10. A slick spokesperson who can turn any criticism to the advantage of their employer.
15. The inner and thicker of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
19. A town in north central Oklahoma.
21. The oily secretion of the sebaceous glands.
24. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
25. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
28. Founder of Buddhism.
29. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
32. A small cake leavened with yeast.
33. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
34. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
35. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
36. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
37. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
39. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
41. A light touch or stroke.